Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shameful Company Of The Month

Circuit City wins the Crystal Ball "Most Shameful Company Of The Month Award",
They sold me a laptop two years ago and talked me into buying the "Replacement Guarantee"
for three years.

Well, the HP laptop went down after two years and I said to myself, "man am I glad I was covered"! That was 06 November 2007 and now it is 05 feb 2008. Three months later and guess what? I still don't have a laptop. Imagine how shocked I was when the manager said to me, "you should be glad you got the coverage because without it, we wouldn't be working on it". I said, "that would all be well and good if you could fix the thing now wouldn't it"? No reply,
just a snarl.

I then dared to ask at what point does the "REPLACEMENT"come into play? I've been back and forth to the store at least 12 times and it's been sent out now for repair two times. Please explain. That's simple he said, it has to be the same problem and sent out more than three times and it doesn't state anywhere that it has to be fixed within a certain amount of time.

They did say that the repair center refused to fix it saying there was nothing wrong with it,
even though the problem was witness by at least 3 Circuit City "Firedog" repairmen including the manager. They decided to order the suspected part and repair it themselves since they had to honor the warranty. After not hearing anything again, my last trip to the store found my laptop under the counter after two weeks untouched and I was assured they would call me and bring it to my house. There was never a call or a delivery.

Buyer beware. Know that they can spend the rest of your life repairing your laptop and there is nothing you can do about it. Never mind that I left town two times thinking it was fixed and couldn't conduct the business I was suppose and wasted thousands in travel expenses.

The next stupid comment always follows and we all know what that is... you should have a backup. If this were true, I would need to buy two of everything I use to conduct business with and that would put me out of business, so save yourself the thought process of coming up with that bright idea. So people, in the future, avoid their warranty scam.

Circuit City, congratulations, you really know how to treat your customers.

No comments: