Friday, March 7, 2008

The Flu Is Not What It Used To Be

I haven't been blogging lately due to the fact that I have come down with the flu, Twice as a matter of fact. The next question is always, did you get your flu shot? The answer, no. Why?
Because I always get the flu anyway. The next response is always, if you got your shot it wouldn't be as bad. I am so tried of hearing this.

The fact of the matter is as always the Government is asleep at the wheel again. In the past I could always bulk up on my vitamins and take my chicken soup, infused with fresh garlic to lessen the impact of the flu. Now days, nothing works. What we have is a virus that is strengthening and becoming more resistant to drugs but no word from the "health officials" that this is happening.

My wife had this before I did. She went to the Doctor and was prescribed anti-biotics two different times and nothing worked. It stayed with her for two months! I have had this for two weeks and not only are the symtptoms strange compared to when I was a kid but they are more suspicious. How can you go to bed the night before perfectly healthy and wake up with a chest infection so bad you can't get out of bed. How does a virus strike without warning or any indication that you are going to be on your back for the next two weeks to two months. This is not the type of flu we had when we were kids that lasted all of 5 days at the max. The health department needs to look into this but the chances of that happening until scores of thousands start dying is like your chances of winning the lottery.

There was a reason new immigrants were sent to Ellis Island before being allowed into the country. They screened all applicants for helth related issues With the resurgence of Hepatitis
and other life threatening diseases, it's time the Government started to go back to the days of precaution. Why doesn't this happen? Because the illegal rights activists will be screaming biggotry and racism to offset any real reform. What sense does it make to screen your pets but not screen humans?

No comments: